Get to Know Your 7 Chakras...The Energy Centers of Your Body!
If you’ve practiced yoga more than a few times, you’ve undoubtedly heard the word Chakra. And, you probably wondered “what is that?”.
Well here’s a quick overview!
There are 7 Chakras. They are the energy centers of our body…where our energy flows through.
Each one of your 7 Chakras is significant in its own way, but they essentially connect your spiritual bodies to your physical one.
So what? Well, when our Chakras are balanced and energy is flowing smoothly, our bodies start functioning optimally. When they’re not balanced, we feel stressed, emotional and experience physical problems.
Interested in learning about ways to balance your Chakras, read 9 Amazing Ways to Clean and Heal Your Chakras. You guessed it, Yoga is one of them!
None the less, here are your 7 Chakras. Explore the impact they can have on your well-being both physically and spiritually!
1) Root Chakra – our foundation and feeling of being grounded. It’s located at the base of the spine in the tailbone area.
2) Sacral Chakra – our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. It’s located in your lower abdomen, about two inches below the naval and two inches in.
3) Solar Plexus Chakra – our ability to be confident and in control of our lives. It’s located in our upper abdomen in the stomach area.
4) Heart Chakra – our ability to love. It’s located center of chest just above the heart.
5) Throat Chakra – our ability to communicate. It’s located in the throat.
6) Third Eye Chakra – our ability to focus on and see the big picture. It’s located on the forehead between the eyes.
7) Crown Chakra – our ability to be fully connected spiritually. This is the highest chakra and it’s located on the very top of the head.